Sunday, October 19, 2014

Newburyport and Fake Commenters, Part III

So I finally investigated Newburyport.

Yes, I know I take the train out of there every morning, but the train station is in a transition area – somewhere between the historical downtown and the residential areas – quick jaunt and I’m there.  This time I turned left instead of right and checked out downtown Newburyport.  Reason:  I needed to have my emerald ring re-sized and the emerald necklace and bracelet extended so that I could slip them on instead of fumbling with clasps so small you needed a magnifying glass to find them.

Nice place, if somewhat lacking in public parking.  Found the jewelry store; picked up a hand-out, “The Screening Room” which specializes in indies instead of blockbusters – like, whoever heard of “Hector and the Search for Happiness”?  Neither did I.  November 7-20.  May go watch it.  Simon Pegg.  Stellan SkarsgĂ„rd.  How can it miss?  Guessing they don’t sell popcorn.  Had lunch at ... somewhere nice ... and visited Ganesh.  Not the deity, the store.  Bought a jasper ring I really loved, and some gorgeous emerald earrings.  If I am in a desperate need for incense ... loved the scent of the store.  Found an advertisement for a farmer’s market at the Tannery, wherever that is.  Found an interesting “hair studio”.  Hair Studio???  Place that cuts hair.  I needed one.  “The Natural Grocer” – may serve as an alternate to the Whole Foods I used for bulk grains in Andover?

Also tried out the alternate route over the Merrimack River that puts me not in Salisbury, but in Amesbury ... there was a day when the bridge I usually take was temporarily closed (police activity, but I have no idea why), and we all sat there waiting for nearly 45 minutes.  Now I can turn around and get home via the alternate route.  So that’s done.

Picked up my two suits that had been altered.  Gave her some more suits.  Have two more to go, but didn’t want to overwhelm her - she’s a nice lady.  Russian, I think.  Bought gas  (I need it:  first second-level class on Tuesday night in Salem, NH).  Stopped at the roadside stand on 286 that sells local honey – they’re closing for the season, so maybe I’ll stop by today for fresh fruits and vegetables.  Needed the local honey to help survive the new local flora pollen I spent last spring sneezing at ... got my annual flu shot last weekend, so I’m not worried about that ... I AM worried about colds, given the number of women spewing spittle, viral venom and germ-infested phlegmy spray all over the trains every day, and discovered honey is a wonderful way to soothe sore throats after my last cold.  Had never tried it before.

Ordered shoes to match the suits.

So basically, I spent yesterday distracting myself from the dark place I was in, and it worked, more or less.

Death to Poseurs du Commentaire, Part III:  here was today’s crap:  "I'm curious to find out what blog system you're using? I'm having some minor security problems with my latest blog and I would like to find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?   Feel free to visit my website:  "CHEAP IMPORTED SHIT THAT NO ONE WANTS OR NEEDS AND I'M TOO STUPID TO KNOW IT!!!" -  dot com."

Yeah, I have a few suggestions ... betcha won't like them, though.  Here’s one:  want to know what “blog system” I’m using, eh?  Try looking at the URL, the way people with working brains do.  It’s secure BECAUSE it gives me the option of blocking third grade annoyances like you.  And oh yeah – you ARE the “security problem”!  Have a nice day. 

And yet they keep trying - *sigh*.

No comments: